Located in Center City, Philadelphia, the Comcast Technology Center is a 60-story building consisting of office space, retail space , TV studios and hotel space. Construction began in November of 2014 and is expected to be completed in 2018. Bluestone Communications was awarded the Comcast/NBC Studios Low Voltage Electrical Package in November of 2016 and began onsite operations in December of 2016. Bluestone expects to be completed by the fall of 2018. The project will close with nearly 100,000 man-hours, making it the largest project (completed to date) for Bluestone Communications.
Bluestone’s overall scope of work included the coordination, installation and commissioning of the following systems – structured cabling, sound masking, network installation, RF systems, and the MDF/server room/equipment rooms.
Significant project highlights included:
- Over 5,000,000 feet of copper cabling was installed.
- Over 500,000 feet of fiber optic cabling was installed.
- Over 25,000 network ports were installed.
- Over 1,100 wireless access points were installed.
- Over 6,000 sound masking speakers were installed.