Founded in 1884 by Dr. Russell Conwell, Temple College became Temple University in 1907. As a comprehensive public research university, Temple University is comprised of eight campuses offering over three hundred academic degree programs, as well as a study-abroad program. Temple’s TECH (Teaching, Education, Collaboration and Help) Center is a 75,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art technology facility with resources that cater to current learning styles. Designed with a variety of workspaces to enable students to work collaboratively or individually, the Center is the largest of its kind, in the nation.
Bluestone Communications was contracted to complete renovations to Temple’s campus Data Center, which is housed within the TECH Center. Scope of work included the installation and testing of customer-supplied pre-terminated fiber optic trunks of various lengths and strand count into customer-furnished cabinets. In addition to the main fiber cabling on the data floor proper, there was required copper cabling to be done in the back office area prior to turning the job over to Temple University.